- Monday from 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00 pm. – 6:00 pm
- First and fourth Saturday from 9:00 am.—11:00 am
- Recipients must be residents of Halifax or Millersburg.
- Recipients need to show a form of identification (preferably a picture ID) and proof of residency (bill with current address).
- Recipients must meet the income eligibility guidelines. They are reviewed yearly.
- Each family unit may receive meats, cereal, pasta, etc. three times a month.
- Breads and pastries are given on an as needed basis.
- Each family must sign a liability disclosure that we are not responsible for any reason for food received through this food ministry.
Food and cash contributions are received from the following areas:
- Church Budget
- Food drives within the church
- Local Supermarkets
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- Local Farms/Gardens
- Area Churches
- Local Post Office & Scouting Food Drives
- Grants from Central Pennsylvania Conference World Hunger Offering
COMMODITY SUPPLEMENTAL FOOD PROGRAM
A federal Food Program that is designed to improve the health and nutrition of Senior Citizens by distributing pre-selected food boxes once a month. You must be at least 60 years of age and your total household income must be at or below 130% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
The Food Ministry is operated by volunteers on a daily basis. Volunteers pick up breads and pastries at a local supermarket seven days a week, help sort and repackage food, and distriibute the food four days a week. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or want more information, please contact us at 717-896-8092.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.